eeny meeny miney moe…
There are many people that I would love to meet. I want to keep it real so rather than spending too much time sitting and thinking about who I want to contact, I picked the first person who came to mind: Alice Heiman in Reno, NV. I have never met Alice but have heard tremendous things about her. She was mentioned by 2 people in the past week as someone I should meet, and my curiosity is peaked to say the least.
why oh why?
Why set an appointment and meet with someone new? I can think of several reasons. Here are a few:
- Why not?
- We both love sales! She is a sales expert and keynote speaker, and I am a customer experience connoisseur.
- I love meeting new people and want to build a stronger local network.
- As I near completion of my MBA, it is important that I focus on what I want to do after graduation.
- We both blog (common interests are a plus)
- We both live in Reno.
- We have friends in common.
- She looks friendly in her picture.
- Nothing will come to pass if I don’t make it happen.
- Because I can!
I am sure there are many other reasons for me to call Alice and chat with her, but I thought that ten looked like a nice round number. Now that I have an idea of what I want to do, it is time for me to dig in and get busy!
The journey continues!
Today’s #Trust 30 prompt: Men imagine that they communicate their virtue or vice only by overt actions, and do not see that virtue or vice emit a breath every moment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Who is one person that you’ve been dying to connect with, but just haven’t had the courage to reach out to? First, reflect on why you want to get in touch with them. Then, reach out and set up a meeting.
(Author: David Spinks)