Jane, stop this crazy thing! George Jetson
Do you ever feel like your world is spinning out of control and you can’t find a pause button to stop it all? If not, congratulations, you are extremely well-adjusted! If you are anything like me, you are totally winging it and hope no one will find out you have no idea what you are doing.
Most people think I have it all (believe me, I do).
- I have the best, most fantastic, loving, supportive husband
- My kids are both amazing people who I am proud of
- I am about to complete an MBA in December
- I work for a company that I believe in
- I am lucky enough to surround myself with terrific friends
- I am interning for 2 prominent business women who I respect immensely
- Recently I lost 40 pounds and feel like I have regained my outer mojo
- I get to write it all down and share thoughts and reflections on this blog
- I have health insurance (I don’t take this one lightly at all)
- Oh, and did I mention I just got a new puppy?
- Daisy, cute as a button, long story maybe for another post 🙂
- I’m sure there is more, but this list seems long enough for now
Is having it all too much?
Maybe it is a form of senioritis in school, but to tell the truth, I don’t want to do anything right now. Working out at the gym usually helps heal my psyche enough to carry forward, but I don’t have time for that either.
Wait a minute! Don’t have time? It’s more like don’t make time. I know it is unrealistic to expect someone to just give me an advanced degree without putting the work and time into it. I have toiled for the past 3 years and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Last week, I paid for and applied for graduation (yay!) and plan to walk with my friends down the aisle.
Searching for my inner edge
If I truly have everything, how do I make time for it all, or is it necessary? One of the women I am interning for, Dr. Joelle Jay who wrote a remarkable book, The Inner Edge which gives great insight as to how to learn to lead yourself. There are 10 steps to personal leadership which with any luck,will help me find clarity and enable me to finally hit the pause button and enjoy all I have accomplished (including the new puppy)