When you open your closet, what kind of skeletons fall out?
I have so much stuff in my closet, that I would not be surprised to see a skeleton tumble to the floor as I search for my favorite shoes. Which brings me to this week’s blog prompt from Mama Kat about what is haunting me now.
Merriam-Webster defines Haunt as: “to have a disquieting or harmful effect on.” What actions or behaviors do I take part in that do/will haunt me?
where do I begin?
I would be lying if I said that nothing ever haunted me. I don’t think I am being followed by some supernatural spirit (who must be extremely bored to follow me) and my house is too new to be haunted. Yep, it is definitely behaviors that torment me. Maybe haunting is a manifestation of my deepest fears?
Some things that possibly haunt me are:
- I’m not as cool as you think I am. Don’t laugh!
- I am not fooling anyone when I sneak recent purchases into the house by tearing up the receipt and throwing the items in the closet (along with all the skeletons) while you are not looking.
- I don’t call my family: mom, dad, sister, etc. enough. Does this mean I will die alone with (gulp) a house full of cats?
- Devouring that chocolate bar while driving still constitutes eating it.
- Someone will figure out that I have no idea what I am doing. Self-doubt is a major haunt for me.
- My inability to cook. That can haunt me as I continue eating crap found in the house that can be quickly heated then served.
- My complete disregard for ensuring Sam had a Bar Mitzvah. He might be OK with it, but trust me, as he turns 15, it definitely haunts me.
- My lack of presence.
Funny that all of these (and probably others) things may come back to haunt me, but it doesn’t seem to stop me anyway. These are all within my control. Although, whenever I cook, everyone opens all the windows because it is a given that I will burn something. Is that normal? Should I care? The only thing that really frightens me is the thought of being alone with a bunch of cats.
How about living in fear of being haunted? I definitely have issues. Heck, we all have things/behaviors/past-lives/cats that haunt us. What haunts you? How do you deal with it; head on or by stuffing it in the closet. Maybe it is the closet that haunts me. Hmm… Just a thought. Share your best haunting stories.