Mama Kat’s weekly Vlogging prompt: Tell us how you really feel…what are your top 5 flying pet peeves?
EASY!!! Only five? Seeing that I recently went on a trip halfway around the world, I felt like an expert in the subject. Well, maybe not a real expert, but certainly had a better sense of what drives me nuts.
top 5 exasperating moments
- Those annoying security checkpoints that make you late for a plane: I know it is called security for a reason, and I
usuallydon’t mind obliging. On my most recent journey, that all went out the window when I inadvertently left a tube of hand creme in my purse. Long story short, it was not a pretty picture.
- Being the last one to board the plane: Not only do I get stared at by everyone who is already seated as I bang my purse into their heads, they grin knowingly that they took all the available storage space. I think sometimes people place things in sideways and longways and find extra stuff to shove in the overhead bin just to ensure I wont have room for my bag.
- Those crap meals served on a flight: When did the airlines start charging for most in-flight meals? It is bad enough they are total crap! Now I have to pay top $$ for these horrible meals on top of the exorbitant ticket fares? Geez!
- Sleeping on the plane: Seriously, unless you are fortunate to fly first class (never had the opportunity to enjoy that luxury), sleeping is almost impossible. The seats are cramped and with all the stuff you had to store under the seat in front of you, there is no way to stretch out and get the least bit comfortable. Thank goodness for Ambien!
- Can I have some turbulence with that? I love roller coasters, but it is not the same thing to suffer through wind turbulence while on an airplane. Something about being tossed around in the sky scares the heck out of me. Typically, I put the death grip on the armrest like that is going to help. If it is really bad, I might scream or cry. Been there, done that, enough said.
When I filmed this Vlog, I actually had about 3 more pet peeves about flying that I edited out. What are your greatest flying pet peeves? Do you scream, cry, sweat, sleep, snore, kick the person in front of you? Do screaming kids make you batty (ear plugs work like a charm)? Give me your top 5.