1.) List 6 of your favorite quotes. OK, this week’s blogging prompt from Mama Kat, should’ve been a cinch. After all, I love random movie quotes; the more obscure the better. These references must evoke emotion in me in order to be remembered for more than five minutes (my cutoff point before going into the abyss of my mind).
With that in mind, there were a few good standbys, usually from a Mel Brooks film (go figure). But in the spirit of research I had to Google up some of them just to ensure I remembered them correctly. Along the way, I found a couple more that may even beat out my all time fave from the movie Young Frankenstein.
and now for the ever popular list…
- Does it really get any better than this? Whenever faced with adversity, my son and I exchange knowing glances and exclaim this quote.
- I swear everything Oscar Wilde uttered was pure gold. True this was not written about me or any of my friends, but it could have been.
3. “I’ll explain. And I’ll use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand, you warthog face buffoon.” “That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me. (Prince) “It won’t be the last.
- One of the greatest movies ever and has some of the most amazing quotes found to this day. I could have easily done a post about my 6 favorite quotes from Princess Bride
4. “Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
- Told you I have random tastes. Fight Club is such a remarkable book. It is gritty, raw, and dares me to think. The movie was great too. Anytime I can stare at Brad Pitt for a couple of hours, I ‘m good with it.
- Does this mean I never get a brain break? I like to think I’m always moving forward and questioning everything. Emerson is one of those philosophers who is like a little black dress; he goes with everything.
6. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe
- Honestly, I saved the best for last. Marilyn had it all; brains, beauty and a fab body too. This quote is now my mantra and will will be plastered everywhere to remind me that just because I am imperfect, doesn’t mean I’m not worth the effort.
Where do you get your brilliant witticisms? Are you all original or, like me, do you get your best material from movies, plays, books, philosophers and the like? Share your best-loved zingers and why you love them so.