Summer is nearly over. My son begins school next week as a high school junior (geez!) and I am soooo ready for a change of seasons.
Am I the only one who is over it and craves new weather? What a great excuse to buy a new wardrobe? I get the shivers just thinking about pulling out boots to wear after labor day.
why oh why…
Working in fashion retail means that we sell sweaters in August and swim suits in January. It is important to stay ahead of the season so that by the time it actually hits, I am over it. Hmmm…maybe it’s ADD.
Seeing that Fall is around the corner, I thought it might be a good time to get nostalgic and create a list of what I will miss from summer. Woot woot!! Did somebody say list?
6 things I will miss about summer
- sandals. I know there is no hard fast rule about bearing one’s toes after Labor Day, but as the weather chills, sandals get tossed into a box meant for next spring.
- maxi dresses. The greatest invention since sliced bread! I love wearing a dress and no one can tell if I forgot to shave my legs (bonus!)
- summer scents. Like coconut, pineapple and/or watermelon. Right now I am totally into smelling like a summer fruit basket. Seriously delish!
- longer days. I feel so much more productive while the sun is shining. Also, I don’t drive well in the dark (kinda night-blind)
- flowers. Living in the high desert, I am accustomed to everything turning brown in the winter. It has its own brand of beauty but there is so much happiness found in blooming roses and such.
- mermaid season. Truthfully, every season is mermaid season. Unfortunately, cooler weather makes it difficult to swim and prance about outdoors in a tail. There are always indoor swimming pools…
Now that I am on a roll, why stop the list here? There are probably at least 6 things I wont miss about summer. Hooray! another excuse for a list!!
6 things I wont miss about summer
- humidity + heat. Sweaty swamp-like weather is not fun. What it does to my hair is even worse. Maybe it’s my hormones being completely out of whack but I am ready for cooler temps NOW!
- shaving my legs daily. Call me lazy. when legs are covered up by tights or pants, I can usually get by with shaving them once every so often when I remember to do it…
- the affect heat has on makeup. I am not overly in love with tons of makeup. When it melts off my face almost instantly, why bother? I like looking professional at work and miss red lipstick and mascara.
- allergies. Blooming stuff, and wind create lots of pollen. My poor dog has been scratching herself raw from allergies. Hay fever is almost over and soon it will be time for colds and sinus infections. Woot!
- too hot for coats Well, actually not just coats. I also love sweaters, scarves and gloves. Layering up can be fashionable and comforting at the same time. I so miss my hoodies.
- teenager sitting on the couch doing nothing all day. i am so grateful school starts next week. I love my son but I’ve had enough of his moping about the house.
tag! you’re it!
What will you miss most about summer? Is it a mixed bag or do you chase the warm weather all year in search of the sun? I love seasons as it feeds on my inability to remain still. Something is always changing.
Share your thoughts, stories and/or lists of best and worst.
This post is inspired by Mama’s Losin It 3.) List 6 things you are going to miss about summer. It’s been way too long since I participated in Mama Kat’s weekly blog prompt. I miss the camaraderie and the great ideas, so without further ado…I’M BACK!!